Summer 2006

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Host driver again

I had a meeting at 9:00 this morning, then I ran errands and finally went by and ordered my personalized shirt with Matt's name and number. Yes, it's late, only a few weeks of the season left but better late than never right? My voice is coming back in the morning, but fades out again by the end of the day for the game tonight. So the fun part of today is that I get my second chance to take a player to a game. Jose didn't get a ride to the ballpark since his girlfriend is no longer in town, and his host family is still out of town, he doesn't have a car and he doesn't catch a ride with anyone else so he's stuck at the house when the bus leaves. Wendy and I are planning to go to the game anyway so I offer to take him with us. After Wendy returns from dropping Matt at the bus, we get ready and pick up Jose and head to Coppell for the game. It's a very sad thing not to be able to cheer for your players, but especially at an away game where there aren't as many fans for your team and your guys do so well! Matt hits 4 for 5 with a walk, I think he's felling better, Jose goes 2 for 5 with a homerun and 5 RBI! Glad I got him there for that, we won 8-4 and then Wendy, Matt, Jose and I headed home with a Sonic stop for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home