Summer 2006

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sleepy


How do I even explain how tired I was (and am) today? Well, I woke up around 7:45, defintely feeling under the weather but not so much that I'm staying in bed. I threw Matt's uniform in the dryer, checked some email, did a few things, got the uniform folded and then decided to lay down because I just was exhausted. I fell asleep (which I never do during the day) and woke up a little bit hungry so I put a mint in my mouth and fell asleep before I finished it. Then Eriq woke me at 1:00 to tell me Matt needed to be at the field at 2:00, but I apparently fell asleep again immediately. Wendy came down to see if I was awake to take Matt, but after knocking on the door and calling my name (which I never heard) she told Matt he'd better find a ride, sorry Matt. I think I might really be sick, all that sleeping is not really like me and my voice is fading. Tonight was our first early game, 5:35 start and it's HOT. Thankfully we win the game despite giving up 3 runs in the 9th inning, we get the last out before they catch up to our 4 runs. After the game is the first post game party at Hooter's. We all decide to run home for quick showers before the party so we are not quite so disgusting for dinner. Wendy and I sit with Caleb Rodgers' dad and host dad but between the two of us (did I mention we share and she's getting sick as well?) we pretty much eat quietly while I try to talk with what voice I have left. The guys have a buffet and enjoy the time off together. Then Eriq and I left Wendy and Matt with Kelly so I could, guess what go to bed, so goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home