Summer 2006

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Welcome Wendy

Today Wendy got into town. The timing was great, Matt and I picked her up at the airport just after 1:00, not too early for the late sleeper. That gave us time to stop for a nice lunch at Mama's Daughter's Diner in Lewisville before heading to the field so Matt could catch the bus to Mineral Wells. On the way to the field, Evan's host mom called and said that he was stuck at the house with his keys and bag of equipment locked in his car. Matt was going to tell coach. After we dropped Matt off, Wendy and I headed to the house to get her settled in and our bags together for the road trip to Mineral Wells. We were having so much fun talking that I left my phone in the car, Wendy left hers on silent upstairs and we went out to the garden. That seems innocent enough but apparently right when we got home, Matt realized he needed his red jersey and he had left it at the house, so he tried to call me and then Wendy and then me again and neither of us would answer so he go worried. Then he tried to call Eriq, who wouldn't answer and finally he called Candiss who got Eriq to call me at home, but we were outside. That's when I realized I didn't have my phone and I had 16 missed calls from Matt and a text message, Wendy remembered to get her phone and had the same. We worried the poor guy to death. Both of us ALWAYS answer our cells and he was sure we had been in a car accident or something horrible had happened for neither of us to answer or return his calls or texts for about half an hour. And, on the way home, Evan had called and I told him I would be glad to take him with us to Mineral Wells since we were already going and to call me when he was headed to the house. He had also called during all of this and was almost to the house when we got ahold of him. So, after easing Matt's mind and grabbing his red jersey and getting Evan's gear in the car, we headed to the game. We got Evan there about 20 minutes before game time. Thankfully, the game was running fast early on as it went into 12 inning, with a 1-0 win finally due to some great pitching. Then, Evan, Matt, Wendy and I all headed home with a stop at Sonic for some Root Beer floats for the girls, a drink for Evan and food for Matt. What a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home