Summer 2006

Friday, July 14, 2006

Sick???

It has to happen sometime, right? Matt started the day a bit more congested than normal and he actually was willing to take the "horse pills" I gave him so we knew he was serious about getting over it. Today, the plan was to head over to early batting practice and Wendy and I would stay for a while and then I was headed to meet Eriq at a DYP Mixer at Sandstormz Volleyball Club and then back over to the field for the end of the postponed game and the new game. Today was the hottest day we've had all summer. Wendy and I were just melting sitting in the shade of the press box at 3:30 in the afternoon. Welcome to Texas heat! I stayed until about 4:45 before heading over, we had finally gotten into the bathrooms for another water refill and Matt was going to take her to 7-11 during their break so I went on over to the party. Thankfully, we were inside for this one and I got to cool off with the a/c and drinks. I had a nice game of pool before time ran out and I ran back by the 7-11 for, you guessed it, more drinks before heading to the field. Game 1 started at 6:35 and went into extra innings again with another win. Then game 2 began and due to some incredible pitching by Weatherford, we split the games with a win and a loss. After the game wrap up on my part, I went down to meet Matt as usual but everyone had split since our guy who is always the last out of the dugout had come out ready to go, he was miserable. Guess who has the flu? To dinner and bed for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home