Summer 2006

Friday, June 16, 2006

Grandpa!

Today, grandpa Hillyard came into town for the weekend. He gets to meet Luke for the first time but he stops in for the evening at our house. Eriq has people flying in from all over the world for the SBS conference so grandpa and I take off for the game in Euless. This is one of those things that you look back on and laugh but at the time it's not so funny. I got the wrong address for the field and so we got down to it and it wasn't there. Then I found out where it was and the road was closed. Finally we arrived (only a few minutes late) and were able to watch the game. Despite an early lead in the first inning, we can't hold it and the game goes as a loss. The interesting thing about this game is that Matt goes a high 3 times hit by pitch, although credited as 2 hit by pitch and one walk. After introducing grandpa to Matt, the 2 of us head home. Again, I took the wrong roads, but we still manage to get home in one piece, however someone banged my door while I was in Euless so now I have a white ding in my car door. What a trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home